POSITION: Bilingual Account Manager - Shopper Marketing
STATUS: Permanent (FT)
REPORTING TO: Client Services Director
LOCATION: Etobicoke, ON
You are an experienced, proactive and analytical marketing professional who possesses a thorough understanding of experiential marketing and shopper marketing data related to Tier 1 consumer goods. You are a whiz with Excel and .csv files, sifting through data and creating detailed client reporting documents that tell a story about the success of a client program. You are a determined individual who excels at building relationships and working in a team environment. Excellent leadership skills allow you to train and communicate effectively to your account team and external partners in order to achieve set goals and deadlines.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017
NOTE: RELOCATION IS NOT OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE.
The main purpose of this position is to lead in the growth and success of the assigned program(s), with the support of the Client Services Director (CSD), within the Experiential (EX) Division. The Account Manager will manage the data collection and reporting initiatives related to all client shopper marketing programs and ensure flawless accuracy with every report. The position will support strategic initiatives & program build while working collaboratively with other agencies; provide seamless program execution(s) with the support of the account team; and enthusiastically embrace the coaching and mentoring of the CSD.
- Implement the mandatory reporting system to third party client shopper marketing agencies across the country (8 provinces).
- Train third party agencies on use of the new system and ensure they have adequate information to train reps.
- Ensure compliance of third party agencies working closely with them to maintain accuracy and collection of data.
- Data reporting and analysis of Client sampling data on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis
- Comparison and analysis of data
- Ensure client dashboard accuracy
- Meet with client on a weekly basis to interpret results and provide insights
- Provide monthly, year end results and analysis and present this material, when required, to the client
- Effectively own client relationships and act as a liaison between client and account team, ensuring all generated feedback is being clearly communicated and expectations are being met.
- Support in the management of the assigned account financials – assist in building budget(s); approve all account expenses and ensure the budget is accurately tracked at all times.
- Provide coaching and feedback to the Intern, Account Coordinator(s) and Account Supervisor(s) on a regular basis, ensuring program expectations are being met at all times
- Lead project management activity by consistently demonstrating the ability to successfully communicate with the account team and use problem solving skills when challenges arise.
- Proactively thinking and managing the process of planning, developing and executing the program(s), while ensuring all targets are being met.
- Oversee and provide support as required, to the coordination of all logistics, including but not limited to: scheduling; storage; program vehicles; travel; payroll, vendors; etc.
- Conduct market research as necessary to ensure knowledge and understanding of client’s product/service and determine targeted demographics.
- Own in the development and implementation of training documents and ensure field representatives are fully proficient and knowledgeable in program execution.
- Attend and participate in all required team meetings. Lead brainstorming sessions, as assigned.
- Meet with the CSD regularly to discuss program(s) and individual performance and development.
- Network, develop relationships and trust among internal & external clients.
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
- Fully bilingual - English/French - excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of, and high proficiency using, MS Excel, CSV, and reporting systems
- Ability to speak confidently to results and motivate third party agencies to submit reporting
- Excellent and confident presentation skills, ability to answer questions from clients at all levels
- Strong events and activations experience/skills
- Excellent client management and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate, encourage, mentor and develop an account team of Account Supervisors, Account Coordinators and Interns.
- Strong budget and critical path management skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented & results driven
- Works well independently and within a team - always contributing to a positive work environment
- Proficient computer skills in Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to contribute to the creative efforts & “out of box thinking”
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business and/or marketing, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experiential marketing industry experience
- 3-5 years’ client management experience including strong reporting/analytics experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Account Supervisor, or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ directly managing team members
- Vehicle/Valid Driver’s License (Must be able to provide proof/ Driver’s Abstract Report if requested)
- Valid passport for business travel (up to 15% travel, as required)
- Flexible work schedule – must be available evenings & weekends.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.