|WANTED: JR. PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATOR - EXPERIENTIAL - SUMMER 2017 (MAY-AUG)
Do you live and breathe Public Relations, Social Media & Communications? If so, then this Social Media PR Co-op Position could be perfect for YOU!
Title: Jr. Public Relations & Community Administrator (Co-Op)
Location: 175 Galaxy Avenue, Suite 202, Etobicoke, ON
Duration: May 8, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Compensation: Paid Honorarium (Monthly)
# roles available: 1
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2017
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS REQUIRE AN UPLOADED DIGITAL PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK IN PDF FORMAT or ONLINE LINK and/or SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL OR PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Since 1988, SDIMktg has developed the reputation as a progressive company, focused on people and clients. SDI has been using imagination, innovation and energy to be creative in marketing solution development for our client's marketing initiatives. Our unique combination of resources includes sports marketing services, brand awareness, loyalty programs and communication strategies.
As a Public Relations & Community co-op on the Experiential team, you will assist with the research, logistics and execution of various Corporate PR, Social Media and Community Engagement initiatives for SDIMktg.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
The successful candidate MUST be a current college/university student, enrolled in an accredited Public Relations/Communications and/or Marketing co-op program requiring a 4 month Summer 2017 work term, with the following skills:
- Tech-savvy and a social media guru on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Outgoing personality, creative mind with “out of the box” thinking for communication & brainstorming
- Must have a passion for and knowledge of PR, communications, marketing, social media & project management
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent and resourceful research skills
- Excellent data management skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, email inquiries or recruitment agencies, please. All final candidates will be required to participate in a full criminal background check (at SDI’s cost) prior to any potential offer being made. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE). SDI Marketing is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Must be a current student enrolled in an accredited Public Relations/Communications or Marketing co-op program at a University or College;
- Experience in customer service required
- Experience in copywriting a definite asset
- Experience in community outreach and engagement a definite asset
- Experience in Salesforce and Jobscience a definite asset
- Experience with Facebook advertising and insights a definite asset
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro etc.) an asset
- Experience in Ad re-targeting, Google Analytics, Google Adwords a definite asset
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation, a definite asset
- Experience working in a corporate environment a definite asset
- Experience working with a field marketing organization or agency a definite asset
- Experience working with Experiential and/or Digital Marketing experience a definite asset