|SDI Mktg delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources include: sports marketing services, brand awareness, loyalty programs, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
POSITION: Payroll Specialist
STATUS: Permanent, Full-Time
LOCATION: Etobicoke, ON
REPORTING TO: Director, Finance
You have a high sense of ownership, responsibility, client service and teamwork. You are a strategic thinker who is solution-oriented and flexible with a strong sense of urgency, professionalism and confidentiality. You are impeccably organized and detail oriented, which allows you to multi-task with ease. You have a passion for payroll and accounting and are highly effective at completing all tasks accurately and efficiently to ensure deadlines are met within a fast-paced environment. You have 3-5 years of related experience and are currently pursuing (or planning to pursue) your PCP or CPM certification and/or CPA designation.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for working within a variety of payroll and accounting fields to efficiently process semi-monthly Canadian & USA payroll, compile accurate information and help facilitate monthly financial reporting to fulfill internal, external and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Process payroll and administration of approximately 1,000 employees across Canada and USA;
- Process payroll related third party payments and reporting (benefit premiums, garnishees, etc.), process ACH payments as required
- Update master file information, including processing new hires, status changes, terminations
- Review personnel records to determine names, rates of pay, and position titles of newly hired employees and changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll. Maintains the Employee Information System
- Develop and maintain payroll reports and queries as required by the department
- Carry out the year-end production, reconciliation and submission of reporting documents as required by legislation such as T4 slips and superannuation reports
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies
- Respond quickly, with accuracy and high client service, to employee and manager queries
- Monitor, audit and reconcile payroll account balances to ensure accuracy.
- Perform all client legislation changes while auditing risk to company in reference to WSIB/CSST/Reduced EI20 Remittance Thresholds
- Ensure accurate GL accounts are used for posting the payroll entries
- Support the team in completing payroll operations to ensure timely and accurate payroll generation
- Participate in payroll projects as required
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping the strictest of confidentiality regarding all financial information
- Continuous improvements in all areas to ensure maximum efficiencies are maintained
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
- Proficiency with EasyPay and/or Ceridian Dayforce;
- Analytical and process improvement mindset
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements and CRA regulations;
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate/advanced proficiency in Excel (including v-lookups and pivot tables).
- Superior client service skills (both verbal and written) and strong active listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical and innovative thinker
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Process oriented, able to meet specific deadlines
- Organized, detail oriented
- High sense of professionalism, confidentiality and urgency
- Excellent time management skills and able to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities effectively.
- Flexibility of hours to accommodate business needs (i.e. month end, year end, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Payroll, Accounting, Business or other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible payroll administration experience (North American experience a definite asset)
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Ceridian Dayforce and/or EasyPay / in-house payroll systems
- Experience with spearheading Payroll's participation in the implementation/launch of a new payroll system is preferred but still an asset;
- CPP, PCP, CPA Certification an asset
- Exposure to Web ROE required
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Prior to any offer of employment, all final stage candidates will be required to pass both a full criminal background check AND reference checks.