|POSITION: Head Chocolatier
COMPANY: Top Marketing Agency in Toronto, ON
JOB TYPE: Part Time
REPORTING TO: Store Manager
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
A highly organized and professional person who can managing the kitchen and workflow. You are consultative, an effective problem-solver, detail-oriented and you can handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. You have great communication and interpersonal skills, which allows you to integrate and work well within a team environment and individually to build strong working relationships.
In this role, you will be responsible for running the store’s kitchen. This includes processing and producing orders, as well as managing the kitchen’s Chocolatiers and Dishwasher.
- Complete all required training with specified timelines – perform all duties outlined in the training manual
- Achieve all goals and objectives outlined by your supervisor
- Complete all open and close procedures
- Oversee production and completion or orders
- Ensure adequate stocks are on site for each kitchen item and maintain quality of products
- Consult with Store Manager on the kitchen’s capacity
- Managing Chocolatiers and Dishwasher, including rosters, break management and addressing product related questions and concerns
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture.
- Maintain hygiene, cleanliness, and health & safety accordance with Toronto’s Food Handler certification program;
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold IA360’s and our Client’s corporate vision and core values.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pastry diploma is an asset (or working towards)
- Toronto Food Handler Certification is an asset
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in supervisory role, preferably retail or hospitality
- Have at least 8 years of previous experience with chocolate master showpiece skills
- Excellent patisserie skills – proper preparation techniques such as chocolate tempering, dipping, decorating, moulding, and produce desserts of a high standard
- Understand the chemistry of different chocolate flavours and textures
- Detail oriented and ability to manage staff, delegate key tasks, lead and motivate a team
- Must be energetic with a passion for chocolate and a positive attitude
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be motivated to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Reliable and Punctual
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving & customer service skills;
- Open, available and flexible to work a variety of shifts/hours (evenings and weekends based on business needs).