SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources includes: sports marketing services, brand awareness, loyalty programs, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
POSITION: Marketing Analyst (Experiential Marketing)
CAREER LEVEL: Early Career (3-5 years)
STATUS: Full-Time OR Contract
LOCATION: Toronto, ON (Etobicoke)
REPORTING TO: Client Services Manager
- Relocation is NOT offered for this role. Local candidates only, please.
- Experience level required is early career (3-5 years)
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
You are a guru with data, analytics and insights and you possess a thorough understanding of sales data as it relates to successful field marketing programs and teams. You are a detail driven, determined and curious individual who excels at analyzing raw data to identify trends, errors and make recommendations for your team and Tier 1 client programs. Your excellent communication and presentation skills allow you to collaborate effectively with your account team in order to achieve individual and team goals and deadlines. Interested? Then read on…..
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US:
The main purpose of this position is to lead in the growth and success of the assigned client program(s), with the support of the Client Services Manager (CSM) and Client Services Director (CSD) within the Experiential Division. The Marketing Analyst will support the use of field data for strategic initiatives & program build while working collaboratively with other agencies; provide flawless program execution(s) with the support of the account team; and enthusiastically embrace the coaching and mentoring of the CSM and CSD.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE ARE:
- On a weekly basis, run and review national sampling sales reports from field marketing programs (.csv files) – analyze all data submitted to identify any missing information, errors, trends and/or concerns;
- Follow up, as required, with field representatives regarding missing information on reports
- Correct errors in raw data and ensure files are complete;
- Liaise with IT Project Manager to upload completed sales data files to client reporting site and ensure client dashboard accuracy;
- Compile weekly, monthly and year-end report for Account team to present to client and provide team with insights/recommendations for each report based on analysis of data;
- Analyze budget vs. ROI on each program and review with team for recommendations, adjustments;
- Compare field representative reviews from external sources to SDI reviews for discrepancies and/or concerns;
- As required, train third party agencies on use of the system and ensure they have adequate information to train reps.
- Ensure compliance of third party agencies working closely with them to maintain accuracy and collection of data.
- As required, conduct market research to ensure knowledge and understanding of client’s product/service and determine targeted demographics;
- Attend and participate in all required team meetings
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
THE SKILLS THAT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE ARE:
- High proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables, filters, .csv files) and reporting systems
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to work with numbers and raw data to determine solutions for the team and client;
- Strong budget and financial analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual English/French a definite asset)
- Ability to speak confidently to results and present the information to the team in a legible and easily understood format;
- Decisive with thorough and systemic thought processes
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills, patience and internal motivation to succeed;
- Energetic, great sense of humour and strong interpersonal skills;
- Works well independently and within a team - always contributing to a positive work environment
- Ability to contribute to the creative efforts & “out of box thinking”
- Willingness and dedication to uphold Company Policies & Procedures
THE QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE THAT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business administration, statistics, strategic relationship marketing or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience as Jr. Marketing Analyst, or equivalent level of role;
- 3-5 years’ experience in experiential marketing industry preferred;
- Flexible work schedule, as required.
- Final candidates must be willing to participate and successfully clear a full criminal background check and reference checks prior to any offer of employment
Interested? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Here's how to apply:
- Please ensure that your work experience, career level, location and skills match closely to what we're seeking in this role;
- Click on the link above this posting to apply directly through LinkedIn and remember to include your resume in Word or PDF AND a cover letter indicating your base salary expectations. Please note that applications submitted without a resume and salary expectations will be deemed incomplete and will not be processed. Thank you.
For more information about SDI Marketing, visit our website at www.sdimktg.com
We're also on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Check us out!!
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted for an interview. All applications will be reviewed thoroughly. Due to the high volume of resumes expected for this role, calls or email inquiries from candidates about status of application cannot be accepted. Third party recruitment agencies are not required for this search. Relocation is NOT offered for this role. All final candidates will be required to successfully clear both reference checks and a full criminal background check (at SDI's cost). SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.