POSITION: Payroll Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
CAREER LEVEL: Early to Mid-Career
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Director, Finance
- Relocation is NOT offered for this role. Local candidates only, please.
- Previous applicants to this role need not apply. Your application has been received and processed - thank you for your interest.
- Experience level required is early to mid-career only.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
You are 3-4 years into your Payroll career with a high sense of ownership, responsibility and you're a whiz with numbers. You are solution-oriented and flexible, but possess a strong sense of urgency. You are highly organized and detail oriented, which allows you to multi-task with ease. You have a passion for payroll and accounting and are highly effective at completing all tasks accurately and efficiently to ensure deadlines are met. You have 3-4 years of direct, progressive and related experience. An added bonus would be if you are currently pursuing your PCP certification.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US:
The Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for day to day assistance and support with Canadian and US payroll within our Corporate Finance team and, where possible, assist with project-related financial reporting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable This position will work closely with the Director of Finance, as well as the Payroll Specialist.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE ARE:
- Assist the Payroll Specialist with:
- The full semi-monthly payroll cycle using Easy Pay (and Ceridian Dayforce as of November 2017) to ensure that all salaried and hourly employees in Canada and the USA are paid accurately and on-time;
- Attendance and preparing reports, as required;
- New employee set up in payroll; promotions/transfers updates; payroll increases; terminations and records of employment
- Addressing and resolving any and all payroll inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Verify all data entered for accuracy
- Maintain data integrity and customer confidence and protect operations by keeping the strictest of confidentiality regarding all financial and payroll information
- Continually look for improvements in all areas to ensure maximum efficiencies are maintained
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
THE SKILLS THAT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE ARE:
- Solid working knowledge of EasyPay (or similar payroll program - Ceridian Dayforce would be a definite asset);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong financial acumen, impeccable attention to details, accuracy, deadlines and results
- Professional work ethic, commitment to delivering excellence in client service, outgoing personality, excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) with a genuine passion for teamwork and collaboration;
- Organized, detail oriented, excellent time management skills and able to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities effectively.
- General understanding of full cycle accounting processes and requirements as they relate to Payroll.
THE QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE THAT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- University degree or College diploma in Commerce, Finance or Accounting required
- 3-4 years’ direct, progressive Payroll experience (Canadian & USA) in a medium sized company (salaried, hourly, hourly with commission)
- Certification as PCP or PCM preferred (or in progress);
- Understanding of database structures and file formats (i.e. Excel, .csv, .txt; Access, Basic, etc.)
- Experience working with FinancialForce and Salesforce a definite asset
- Enrollment in an Accounting designation program (CPA) a definite asset;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel for v-lookups, macros, pivot tables, etc.) and other Windows applications
- Experience documenting and updating processes and maintaining policies;
- Previous experience working with a marketing agency an asset
- Ability to participate in, and successfully clear, a clean criminal record check (SDI's cost)
- Flexibility of hours to accommodate business needs (i.e. month end, year end, etc.)
Interested? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Here's how to apply:
- Please ensure that your work experience, career level and skills match closely to what we're seeking in this role;
- Click on the link to apply directly and remember to include your resume in Word or PDF. You will be asked to answer a few mandatory screening questions as part of the application process. Please note that applications submitted without a resume and/or without completing the screening questions will be deemed incomplete and will not be processed. Thank you.
SDI MKTG offers full-time employees a competitive base salary, annual bonus eligibility based on performance, excellent benefits program, vacation, health/fitness subsidy, RRSP program, a spacious and modern work environment located centrally near Pearson Airport, a "jeans every day" business casual dress code, fun office perks and extras, an awesome employee recognition program, opportunities for advancement and an amazing team to work with and learn from!
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted for an interview. All applications will be reviewed thoroughly. Due to the high volume of resumes expected for this role, calls or email inquiries from candidates about status of application cannot be accepted. Third party recruitment agencies are not required for this search. Relocation is NOT offered for this role. All final candidates will be required to successfully clear both reference checks and a full criminal background check (at SDI's cost). SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.