|SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources includes: sports marketing services, brand awareness, loyalty programs, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
POSITION: Human Resources Assistant
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Human Resources Manager
CATEGORY: Shared Services
You’re passionate about HR, and you are in the beginning of your HR career. You’re eager to gain more experience to add into your HR toolkit, especially in the primary HR functions. You have a basic understanding of employment-related best practices, legislation, and processes. A proven team player, your excellent interpersonal, communication, and probem-solving skills allow you to work effectively with both your team as well as various personalities across the organization. Your uncanny ability to keep organized allows you to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced setting with ease and finesse. You demonstrate a high level of confidentiality which builds trust with your colleagues and external business partners.
The HR Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Team Leads and HR Manager including but not limited to: field employee relations, occupational health and safety, training and development, employee engagement, compliance, and recruitment. The HR Assistant will work closely with the HR Team Leads to ensure that all field employee relations matters are fully compliant and in accordance with SDI policies and procedures. This position reports to the HR Manager.
Recruitment & Onboarding:
Working under the direction of the HR Manager and Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will:
- Support the HR Team Leads in ensuring the Ontario College & University Co-Op program is up-to-date- including timelines, program information and contact information
- Maintain and update the list of annual college, university and overall job fairs/events related to our industry
- Assist with other corporate recruitment projects, as assigned.
Training & Development:
- In accordance with SDI policies and procedures, initiate and track field representative onboarding processes for your assigned division(s), including but not limited to: background checks, credit checks, driver’s abstracts, public safety verifications, employment verifications, written offers of employment, etc.
- Track and update all field employee information on company HRIS ensuring all records are accurate and up to date
- Respond to general HR inquiries; flagging escalated issues to HR Team Leads and/or HR Manager
- Liaise with payroll and account teams to promptly resolve any payroll issues for field representatives in assigned division(s)
- Support in audits, reports, and documentation as required
Occupational Health & Safety:
- Support in coordinating corporate trainings that support the HR team, as assigned
- Book meeting rooms for classroom and web conference trainings;
- Support with the creation and updating of the skills inventory, as assigned
- Assist with conducting training needs assessments to identify skill gaps and training requirements
- Assist with other training & development projects, as assigned.
- Participate in the Joint Health & Safety Committee’s initatives and monthly meetings
- Where required, report any instances of workplace violence, accidents, and/or harassment to HR Team Leads and HR Manager
- Assist with the planning and coordination of corporate health and safety related events and initiatives, as assigned.
- Assist with other health & safety projects, as assigned.
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
- Basic understanding of HR principles, best practices, and employment legislation including ESA, OHSA, HRC, AODA, WSIA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of using an HRIS and applicant tracking system(s), previous experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity, ethics, and professionalism;
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, time management & client service skills;
- Quick learner, detail oriented with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Ability to work accurately and calmly under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities effecitively;
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced team environment;
- Flexibility with work hours for any special projects or deadlines that arise
- Goal oriented, task driven and motivated by achieving/exceeding client expectations.
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma, or Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources or Human Resources Management or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of corporate HR experience
- CHRP (completed or in progress) is an asset
- Previous experience using Salesforce or Ceridian Dayforce an asset
- Previous experience working with a marketing agency an asset
- Condition of Employment: Must be willing to participate in, and successfully clear, a criminal background check, at SDI's expense.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.